Ok not really my telang because it’s outside the house across the road but I planted it.
As you can see it’s across the road. This picture is rare as this bush is popular and one particular person always harvest all the flowers early in the morning before I can even see the flowers ! 🙂
One benefit is that the grow area is bigger so the telang has grown into a bush. The ones I grow in the house in pots is much smaller and don’t produce as many flowers.
The Telang has other names namely:
- Asian Pigeon Wings
- Blue Bell Vine
- Blue Pea
- Cordofan Pea
- Darwin pea,
- Butterfly Pea’ (Clitoria ternatea)
Also, the benefits are numerous but I’ll list the common one cited by many websites (again no scientific proof but since many have said it, should have some truth in it, yes?)
- Antioxidants help your body lower risk of infections, and is great for your heart health.
- Combat wrinkles and protects your skin from premature aging.
- Cure for headaches and migraines.
- Fights internal inflammation. The tea helps reduce inflammation in the body as well as symptoms such as breakouts or rashes.
- Brain boosting properties.
Check out these links that list down other benefits: